Just hit the goal of the 17th Hero WOD for the month. Today.... D.T.
Why not do it at 205
9 Hang Power Clean
6 Push Jerk
I would have gotten time capped about 3 1/2 rounds into the workout had this been at the @crossfitgames.
It's easy to post our "best" on social media. These kinds of workouts are the grind that make me better. So far outside of my wheelhouse it's not even funny.
Finishing up "Hero" month @crossfitprkcty. One more to go to hit the goal. "Bradshaw"
6 DL (225)
12 Pull Ups
This seat is different than last years. Hanging in the @progenex box with some good friends. Congrats to all the competitors and soon to be champs at the @crossfitgames! #teamspeal
Proud of this guy. @adrianconway_ isn't just an amazing competitor. He is also one of the most grounded and genuine people I have met. A pleasure to have him represent @getworkt knee sleeves
Lots of questions on if I miss the competition. Without a doubt. I am also reminded that I could never say "thank you" to the fans, and end my competitive career the way I did last year. I can also never replace the time that I have gained with my family this past 12 months. Thanks for capturing the moment @shootingmonsters.
@matt1chan and I being dorks before a little Q and A at the @reebok tent.
Glad to have had some great time with the family this week. Took out the @jeepofficial. Couldn't swing the @aevconversions model but I'm on my way there bit by bit. Now for the weekend at the @crossfitgames!! @roguefitness @progenex @reebok @getworkt
Day 1 of the @crossfitgames is underway. A few words for the competitors in hopes it takes some of those nerves away.
1. You made it. You belong there and are one of the fittest athletes in the world. Now enjoy it. The next 4 days is why you have worked so hard for so long. Soak it in.
2. Compete to win. No one ever won a competition by just trying to not lose. Take the risk of sticking your neck out there a bit when the time comes and if it is necessary.
3. One workout at a time. It's a long weekend. Lots of us have a hiccup along the way. Don't expect one or wait for it, but if it's does happen, hit the reset button and know that you can choose to have a positive attitude from that moment on.
4. Focus on what you can control. What others do, how they perform, or what they say or think has absolutely no bearing on your performance.
5. Compete with heart. I never reached my goal of winning the @crossfitgames but I spent 8 years of my life trying and pouring my heart into it. I can honestly say that I have zero regrets from the effort I put forth. This helps give me comfort at the end of the day. You don't ever want to say "what if"? Miss that competition floor tremendously. Now back to wiping boogers and building dirt jumps... Along with some oly lifting. See you all there tomorrow.
@roguefitness @progenex @reebok @getworkt
Barbells for "Nuke". They aren't going to lift themselves. #teamspeal
@crossfitprkcty "Hero" month "Marco"
21 Pull Ups
9 Thruster (135)
Squeezed this training session in before teaching the morning classes. Hello shoulders.
Instead of traveling to the games early this year I'm going to get in some weekend rides with #spealbot. Hope to see you in Carson on Thursday. #TeamSpeal
Had a blast with this crew at the #teamspealexperience this weekend. Reminded of how great the community is. Looking forward to the next one.
Needed this today. Life isn't fair, but having this solid foundation to rest in makes all the difference for me.
@crossfitprkcty "Hero" month
Handstand Push Up
Hitting up something in your wheelhouse from time to time is a good idea. #TeamSpeal
So, so tasty.
After 2 years of development, The BAR is here! We have dialed in the perfect blend of high quality Hydrolyzed Protein that will help keep your hunger at bay!
The Bar contains 14g of Protein, 18g Net Carbs, 12g Fat. That translates to an easily accessible 2 blocks of Protein, 2 blocks of Carbs and 8 blocks of Fat.
Can you guess what 2 flavors we will be launching Monday, July 20th?!
Join me tomorrow at the Matt Knoop park on old ranch road from 7:30-8:3 am for a free workout open to the public. Meet some @skullcandy athletes and break a sweat to start the day!
200 double unders
50 ohs (135)
50 pull ups
Run 1 mile
This was tough... Rightly so. #TeamSpeal
@roguefitness @progenex @reebok @getworkt
Being bald has many advantages. One of them is getting your 5 and 3 year old to brush their teeth at night.
Gotta keep your eye on @richfroning and make sure he's hitting those reps. Or maybe it's to keep up. @ecchampionships #teamrogue
I'm a believer that "coaching" is different than simply "training" people. In my experience it requires much more but also rewards much more.
Looking forward to the #teamspeal experience coming up next weekend.